Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am currently in general hospital looking for some advice

Customer Question

Hi I am currently in general hospital looking for some advice e
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: england
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I would like to discharge myself I am an informal patient however I came in on a section 135 2 weeks ago and has no expired i want to discharge myself and continue treatment with a private clinic
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need some information please
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 10 days ago.

If you are not sectioned you cannot be detained so say you wish to discharge yourself and are prepared to sign a form for discharge. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But I entered the hospital on a section 135
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have a BMI of 12.7.
Hi thank you for your message, I understand but under s135 you can only be detained normally for 24 hours and for a maximum of 36 hours. Therefore if that time has passed you cannot be detained. Furthermore, as you want to go private you need to speak to a private provider and they can arrange a transfer. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.