SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I need advice on a potential patent infringement, its not an

Customer Question

I need advice on a potential patent infringement
JA: What's the invention's purpose?
Customer: its not an invention just a product - adjustable dumbbell
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: no nothing yet , had a Ebay listing removed as the company says we have infringed on their patent - not sure what they mean as this a a product sold widely on may websites
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just to see if I am infringing which I dont think so
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (5MQSSVQ)
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 10 days ago.
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.It appears that Nautilus own the patent for that particular design of dumbell.You state that the design is sold by lots of suppliers. This might be because they have a licence from nautilus. If you are a manufacturer your should discuss either why your product is different or the possibility of obtaining a licence.If you are just a seller then you can claim or return the items to the original manufacturer based on the products being a patent infringement and based on misrepresentation.Happy to answer follow ups.Kind regards
S