Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

We have now waited more than 8 weeks for the insurers final

Customer Question

We have now waited more than 8 weeks for the insurers final response which they have only just asked us to list all which we are claiming for on a claim form.
The insurer did mention on the phone they would not even contemplate looking at the Adult attire even though we don’t know whether it will still fit next year.
They have also asked us to back our claim up with written confirmation from the suppliers that they cannot accept any of the attire for exchange or replacements which we now have.
The insurer seems to be dragging their heels obviously using the pandemic as an excuse for delays.
How long do we give them after sending the information they are asking for before referring to the ombudsman if they refuse our claim
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
we are prepared to wait
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 4 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Ideally you should wait until you have a final decision. However if they take too long, more then 2 weeks you can contact the ombudsman. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 3 days ago.

No problem. I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.