james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have a situation - a relative was just arrested this

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a situation - a relative was just arrested this morning in the UK for a domestic issue. His wife called the police and he was arrested. How can i go about this? I do not have an idea what police staion he was taken.
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: This just happened this morning. I have no idea what the charge is. The police just showed up and put the husband oluner arrest at his house.
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Norwich Norfolk
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing more
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to know what to do next in this situation. It is the weekend!
Expert:  james bruce replied 10 days ago.

hello i will assist

I am a criminal law solicitor advocate.

As the person who was arrested is an adult, there is little you can do about the arrest or obtaining information from the police. As they are an adult, the police are not obliged to give you any information.

The person who has been arrested, will be taken to the nearest police custody centre, where they would be interviewed.

After the interview, he will either be released by police with no further action to be taken, released on police bail pending further enquireies, charged and released on police bail to attend court, or charged and remanded in custody to the next court Monday morning.

Can I assist further?

Expert:  james bruce replied 8 days ago.

Hello I am following up to see if i can assist further with your enquiry? Here to assist if you need further assistance.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid Justanswer, I won’t be paid for my time from their website if there is no rating left for me