How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 37584
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need some advice and help urgently. my sister has a long

Customer Question

Hello i need some advice and help urgently. my sister has a long term serious drinking problem and has become homeless due rent arrears and being made unemployed because of her drinking. she has a teenage daughter who has suffered through her whole life due to effects of her mothers alcoholism when cam to head a few years ago my niece had to be moved to my mothers home and she became her guardian. when my sisiter was evicted from her rented home she was taken in by my mother just so as to give her some time to find another home, that went okay for a few months but the drinking started to become a regular occurrence and the horrible side of my sister comes out and she started being vebally abusive to my elderly mother and Niece this then turned to pushing and shoving and the police were called on many occasions but after 24 hrs or so she would be back at my mothers house banging on the door etc, this week my sister attacked my niece and whole street heard the screams and the police were called
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: the social workers were contacted by the police and they have been to see my Niece and mother and have under circumatances can my sister be allowed to enter the house. the trouble is we cant get help from the council to help find a home for my sister, she slept in the park last night drunk and is now asleep in here car on a neighbors drive. my mother is 74 with a heart condition and my niece has terrible anxiety. they are at their whits end and are having to call the police constantly.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: we live in Essex
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 15 days ago.

What is the question?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
have you seen the correspondence i have had with your colleague
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 15 days ago.

No. They are not linked.