Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

How long does one remain bankrupt for in UK? In London, I

Customer Question

How long does one remain bankrupt for in UK?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I was declared Bankrupt by the firm of insolvency solicitor that goes by the name of DKNY. I think their headquarters are in EC1 near Old Street Under Ground station. I was made bankrupt by HM inland revenue and DKNY were appointed as their solicitor. Now I want to find out when did they make me bankrupt? and how long does the bankruptcy last.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can one be made bankrupt without going to HM Law courts? What if my accountants have been neglectful
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 days ago.

Its until you are discharged.

But usually, you are discharged after 12 months.

Being made bankrupt has to happen in court. There is always a hearing.

If your accountant has been negligent you may have a claim against the firm

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 2 day ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.