31090051

A third party solicitor is requesting information about my

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: A third party solicitor is requesting information about my tenant without a court order. Do I have to disclose this information?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, they haven't either
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Hackney
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that will be all

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in the UK and can help you with your question today. Without a court order a solicitor has no power to demand information. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you, ***** *****'t yet taken us to court and I don't think they will but they were asking for my tenants contract and my tenant doesn't want me to send it to them. So can I say the tenant doesn't want me to disclose this information and still legally be ok?

Yes, it would be a breach of data protection to provide this without your tenants consent, or a court order. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.