SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Can a young ladie aged 16 demand her passport from her

Customer Question

can a young ladie aged 16 demand her passport from her mother .Her mother will not give it to her
JA: Has the mother talked to a lawyer about this? What country does the mother live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: NO. ENGLAND
JA: What steps has the mother taken so far?
Customer: ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS THE YOUNG LADIE ENTITELED TO HER PASSPORT
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 8 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. Yes she is as she is a young adult and she can apply for her own passport without the parent's consent if she wishes. I hope this answers your question. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
THE YOUNG LADY ALLREADY HAS A PASSPORT AND IS NOT LIVING WITH HER MOTHER. HER MOTHER WILL NOT GIVE HER PASSPORT TO HER. CAN SHE DEMAND THAT HER MOTHER GIVE IT TO HER

Well I am not sure what you mean by demand. She can demand it but if her mother is refusing there is nothing she can do to force her to give the passport. The passport is with a person with parental responsibility for the young lady and therefore it is not theft where she could involve the police. Since she does not live with her mom and cannot with certainty say the passport is actually there she can consider applying for another and the HM Passport office will cancel the current and issue a new one.