SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My question is that I was living in wanted property and my

Customer Question

My question is that I was living in wanted property and my contract with them has been finished from 1st of February and now they send me an email saying that I have sablet the property to someone else and they gave me the name of people's that I dont know them and my contract with them has been finished from February what shall I do
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: What u mean sorry I didnt understood
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: They send me the email saying that that I have submitted the property to these people they gave me some names and they said I have rented the property for 9 months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wanted to know is it illegal to sublet the property
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This issue is with my friend and I'm helping her she cant speak English
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 10 days ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and patience. I am a solicitor in England and Wales, if you have not sublet then just reply to say you are not sure you understand their email as you never sublet the property. They will then have to provide you with the evidence of the subletting. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your convenience. All the best

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
But what r the consequences of if u sublet the property
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm sorry I cant call at them moment I'm at work
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Morning, if you sublet and the lease doesn’t permit subletting then you can be requested to account for the rent received from the sublease and again since it’s breach you may lose the property. You would Aldi need to check the lease wording because sometimes the consequences are spelt out in the lease.