How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3889
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I have a question about home status fee for the university

Customer Question

I have a question about home status fee for the university purposes. I am a holder of Polish passport and I have Polish citizenship. I lived in Poland for most of my life however I’be been living in Canada temporarily (the last 2 years.)
I have applied to University in the Liverpool and have been assessed as a Home status student. Can I apply for a student loan if I was out of the EU for 2 years?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Will they change my fee to international if I apply for a student loan ?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, you won’t be able to get student loan if not classified as home student. I am not sure how you have been classified as home student by university of Liverpool because you have to satisfy the residence requirements to get that status and then you rely on it for the student loan. When you apply for the loan they will check that you meet the residence test and not having lived in the EU for the immediate preceding 3 years you won’t qualify. Your status can change midway your course if you are studying for a degree that’s longer than 3 years. All the best