12826847

My problem is I had to take an unplanned leave from

Customer Question

Hello. My problem is I had to take an unplanned leave from university due to my well being and on the advice of my university, however I had already signed a contract with an agency for a room for the following year. Because i took an extended leave I didn't receive any student loans so could no longer afford to pay for the room I had rented. however the agency claimed the only way I could get out of the contract was to find someone to replacement me. this proved very difficult as this was last September 2019. as I have been struggling to find a replacement and a job also there's the pandemic I have been able to only pay a minimum amount of money towards my rent. £2.50 a week rather than the reant being £118 per week. But now the agency is demanding for me to pay more money I know I do not have due to my unemployment or they will go demand it of my gurantor as they are liable. I do not know what to do and want to know what my rights are as I feel I have received little help in this situation.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: the place I used to li e where I owe rent is in omskirk Lancashire, and I must add I stopped loving there as soon as I stopped going to the university.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had the agency write up an agreement for me to pay £2.50 per week until further notice. I do not know what to do and want to seek advice on what rights I have. I absolutely do not want my gurantor to be affected by this debt situation especially as I know they cannot afford the money I owe.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Im british Citizen I'm on universal credit also.
Expert:  james bruce replied 4 days ago.

Hello I will assist

Do you have copies of you agreement

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I have a copy

I would need to see the documents to advise on the,