How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask marcusmalin Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2499
Type Your Law Question Here...
marcusmalin is online now

My x husband own money for my children’s child maintenance

This answer was rated:

Hi my x husband own money for my children’s child maintenance payment Seine from January
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: he is not still paying and it’s nearly 1000 pound
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Birmingham United Kingdom
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is Marcus.

Was child-support being paid on a voluntary basis or following an assessment by the child maintenance service.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
but they taking so long they say I have too wait 8 weeks

Sorry who is they...

Have you applied to the CMS but it is taking a long time.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
my x husband pay before but from January he stop pay
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I report too cms

Sadly there are delays with the CMS. If your ex husband continues to fail to pay then all you can do is chase the CMS. The CMS will backdate child support to the date you made the application so there will be arrears that they will pursue your ex husband for.

Unfortunately there is nothing else you can do - for instance you cannot apply to the court - you can only chase the CMS or ask your ex husband in the hope he does the right thing.

I am sorry my advice cannot be more positive.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok that’s fine thanks for your help

You are most welcome.

marcusmalin and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you