How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36482
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I am wondering if you could assist me with the issue I am

This answer was rated:

Hello My name is*****I am wondering if you could assist me with the issue I am having with my ex partner not wishing to follow the court agreement set in place in 2019.In the agreement it states that the my partner needs to meet the parent before they are able to meet the kids. This seemed like an reasonable request at first but my ex is not making this easy at all.For the past 4 months i have been trying to arrange this meeting which have always been ignored or postponed or something else got in the way. Recently i had convinced her todo a meeting over the WhatsApp but she is playing games to make the meeting void (such as putting the phone on mute and stating that there is an issue on my end) and because of this the meeting has be re-scheduled. She will not agree to telephone call only a video call either at 9PM or 5AM. When we attempted these demands again something else always get in a way such as she is not available or technical issues. My Partner lives with me and for the first few weeks we i have been hiding my partner then the kids from each other (i.e we spend a set number of hours in the house then my partner spend a set number of hours in the house). This is not a good solution a we want to move on with our lives and to stop the ex partner controlling the situation. What can we do going forward as just communicating and making agreement has never been successful. My kids want to meet my partner and myself and my partner has been trying to do this for months wit no success. Is there any advice or letters or power that we can have to either make the meeting or make the meeting void as we cannot keep going for long with the games that the ex partner is playing.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No, we only have a court agreement rues by a judge
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: The court in the Norwich, UK
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Is there a court order?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
we have a court agreement set in place in 2019, thank you

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I think I would threaten tp take the matter back to court if she continues to act in this fashion, to vary the existing prohibition. I have to help attached a link to a great book which explains in detail the process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

You can of course get a solicitor to write a letter setting out that you would seek to make this application and seek costs against her - there isn't an act or power. Please rate 5 stars

Is your question answered?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello, thank you for your answer, you mentioned that I get a solicitor to write a letter setting out that I would seek to make this application and seek costs against her - there isn't an act or power. What does that mean and what does it involve?

You'd asked in your question id there was an act or power - but there isn't.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Would you be able to create a letter like the one you have suggested? Thank you

We would not be able to send it out from here. I would suggest that you pop into a local high street solicitor and they would be able to do it for you.

ivorylounge and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you