How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17401
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a problem with ealing council hosuing benefit our

This answer was rated:

hi i have a problem with ealing council hosuing benefit our landlord has increased our rent and of course we have sent the updated tenancy agreement and other paper work . This problem is been happening since last year November and now i go through mental health because of this problem especially we have 6 kids with 3 small bedroom and my older son sleeps in the living room with no duvet etc. They have decreased our rent from £1400 to £925. What should I do i filled in the discrinatiroy form. I am lost so as my children they are going college and my son is helping me with the paper work he even didn't get the grades because they kept wanting the paper work and they said there system was down so we sent it again we called them 2 times but keep ending it on our face
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: United Kingdom i dont have a lawyer we have a citizen advice but they not useful
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Everything they have asked me for bank statement rent receipts all the letters they required and to be honest only steps we been taking is calling them whenever we can but thats the second time they ended the phone on our face
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No we just need the best advice
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have made a complaint to the ceo of Ealing Council
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
This problem been going since last year November

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will wait

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I just want to know what i can do because I provided all the information they want and they keep cutting down my rent from £1400 to £923 and they keep telling us the info hasent been reviewed while we get sent a receipt of them recieveing it i dont understand i just want someone who can talk with them or you can tell me what to do which is legally and also i filled in the forms such as the discriminatory form

You mean the Council? Have you appealed the decision?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
i have appealed they said keep waiting its been 4-5 months and they said keep waiting and the landlord is threatening us everyday
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we told them but they dont care

Has it been to a Tribunal?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I dont know to be honest they haven't told us if it has to be honest i called yesterday and they ended the phone on my face
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
But it hasn't to the tribunal as far as I know

Ok - then they will serve notice on you re the decision.

You then write and lodge a formal appeal.

It will then be sent to a Tribunal.

you will be notified of that date and can attend.

That will resolve it for you.

But you need to appeal to the Tribunal.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay lastly my dad has worked for uber and then she claimed he he was rude and assaulted her her and was of work for 8 months they took his pco and license and left him with no job and no income to support his needs and the results came my dad was innocent because the passenger was drunk is there any chance he can claim compensation for the 8 months because he was innocent and the women lied about everything and the women didn't get any warning

Thats a new question. Might I ask you to rate this one positively and then post a new one?

I can assist then. Thanks

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17401
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Of course