How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36519
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have recently left a domestic violence marriage which has

This answer was rated:

I have recently left a domestic violence marriage which has gone to crown court and I have to go give evidence on the 3rd August this year however there are a few things that are really worrying me contact between my ex husband and our 2 children who are both under 5 one is only 1 and the other is 3 he never used to do anything for them or even bother with them when he was with me I done everything for them whilst he was always away with the army or home just getting drunk and being abusive he has bail conditions of not to contact me directly or indirectly unless through a third party save for child contact arrangements through a solicitor or social services he's messaging my mum asking for her to be a third party which she doesn't feel comfortable doing after what he's done so she said no he's then messaged her again just today asking yet again but she's said no and to stop contacting her to which his reply was this will now be a police and social services matter then as I don't know where my kids are is there anything I can put in place to stop him being able to take them and not return them etc I'm feeling really uncomfortable with it all
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No they haven't
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: He lives in bulford I have now moved to Swindon
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just fear for him having them as he's never shown any interest when we were together In day to day care bathing them etc feeding them he was always just drunk it's actually making me loose sleep over the thought of him having contact with them they have always been dependant on me

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If you are concerned with him removing the children then you should consider applying to the court for a prohibited steps order on form C100 - this is an order to prevent their removal from your care. I have attached a link to a great book which explains the process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay does a prohibited steps order mean I have to go to court or can a solicitor do everything for me ?

The solicitor can do all of the paperwork and submissions, but you'd normally also be expected to go to court (although special measures can be put in place). At the moment because of the pandemic - most hearings are being done by telephone. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Would you know if my crown court hearing would be through telephone too ?
I think that’s very unlikely as they are looking to undertake these as in person hearings. I hope this help and please rate five

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Is your question answered?

ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you