How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4064
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I need help to know if someone transferd shares in company

This answer was rated:

Hi, I need help to know if someone transferd shares in company house without your knowledge and consent with your log in detail how do you get this share back to you
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk. North Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve asked company house to reverse back how it was but all they gave me information to check various places to contact.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No is this free service or there is fee.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, is someone calling or shall I respond by tex
Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Firstly share transfers are not registered at a Companies House - and are kept in the company books. Secondly a share transfer cannot happen with a contract and or stock transfer form. If you do not have a form effectively transferring the shares - the transfer is not valid. Do you have a share certificate? Kind regards AJ
Alex J. and 10 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your response, I don’t remember giving me any shares certificates at the time ltd company set up.Secondly we had various discussion regarding shares just so we now were we are with things. Very importantly this was done with family members and you kind of allowed to have access for login details. But now in company house shares seems transferred from me to another person and I’m not sure how this is done without my knowledge and consent.All I want now how to change this in company house that shares remain same how it was originally, and to deactivate login so I can get new login detail. I already asked from them to do this but they not accepting.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi don't have shares certificate because I must have signed some papers mistaken which they must have transferred this is what accountants said. I can't understand why there wasnt stages were you know clearly that shares are now being transferred from me. Is there anyway I could reverse this shares back to me how it was?

Thank you. ***** is just an administrative record - if you did not sign a stock transfer form - the shares still belong to you.

Do you know who might be responsible for trying to remove the shares from you?