12826847

I was arrested and had property seized and taken hundreds of

Hi there!
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I was arrested and had property seized and taken hundreds of miles to that particular police station. I received a letter stating to collect my property. I'm sure that means the charges have been dropped? If so, don't the police need to deliver my property from where they took it without consent? Isn't this now stolen property?
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the theft charges?
Customer: No. It was a malicious communications charge. They seized my computers and phone.
JA: Where did the theft occur?
Customer: I'm in London, my property is is Skegness
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is enough. As far as I can see, if charges are dropped, they need to return my property? I did not consent to it being stolen. Thank you.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what do you mean 'i did not consent to it being stolen'?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
It was siezed, and then charges dropped. Why is responsibility on me to travel 100's of miles when I did nothing unlawful?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
No, sorry, I can't afford that. I am on sick benefits after I had a mental breakdown after being tortured by my accuser.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I was with a psychopath for 25 years and I nearly died. She started sending me coded messages of abuse, I responded, she called police. Typical narcissist relationship ending. Get arrested for what they did.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
You must be on lunch?

Sorry, I was travelling.

I'm not clear what your question is?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Arrested, goods seized, not charged.
Why do I need to travel and pay to get my belongings when no charges were brought? I'm obviously innocent and my property has been taken. Don't police need to return property to where they seized it, either my address or my local police station?

Thanks for the information.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth. The police are not going to deliver your property.

Quite frankly you will be lucky if it is even there when you attend to collect it.

It is quite difficult to collect property from the police and there is absolutely no prospect of them delivering. You can ask, anybody can ask anything and they will say no and if you don't collect they will dispose of your property.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Please remember to rate my answer 5 stars because giving a 5 star rating really helps me.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
OK!!!
I was grasping at straws. Thanks for your honesty. We may talk again on another subject, soon.
Have a great day.
Paul.

No problem.

All the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/