How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron D Your Own Question
Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 462
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aaron D is online now

How to withdraw bring a CPS witness

This answer was rated:

How to withdraw bring a CPS witness
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry correction, how to withdraw from being a cps witness

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay that’s great

You can notify witness care or the Police to let them know you no longer wish to give evidence.

However, if you have already given a statement then the court can order that you must attend. This all depends on how serious the case is and how important your evidence is to the case.

You should give witness care/ the Police a call and explain what your concerns are and they will take it from there.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry I. This case so I should contact the police involved in the case . And let them know that she is willing to withdraw her being a witness of prosecution because her case is against her parents and they have been charged and now she is regretting that she made up stories just to be able take her independence

Well, the witness needs to contact the Police themselves.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
they will instruct her further but she was told to get an independent solicitor to withdraw her case from the prosecution service

No that's not right. It is not her decision whether a prosecution case is withdrawn, it is a decision for the Police/CPS. A case can proceed even if the victim doesn't want it to in certain circumstances.

All she can do is contact the Police and tell them that she doesn't wish to cooperate with the prosecution and will not attend as a witness.

If she wants to admit she lied in a statement then she can make a retraction statement. If she's doing that then she should instruct her own solicitor as she can get into a lot of trouble.

Aaron D and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you call me plz