How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 36482
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location. My

This answer was rated:

Hi My name is*****: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My daughter and her husband have a son under three who when he was 18 months old my daughters husband left her. He is currently in a relationship with another woman who has children 13 and 15 yrs old with the eldest having learning difficulties. My daughters son has already been introduced to these children and her husband has said there was some friction he was not happy with. However he still wants to take my grandchild abroad with these children. My daughter is very concerned about this. Is there anything she can do to prevent this happening?
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Birmingham uk

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. If she is unhappy about this then she can refuse to allow the child to be taken abroad, whereupon the father would have to make an application to the court for a specific issue rider - for permission to take the child afraid - the mother could then set out her concerns to the court. This is very common. I have to help attached a link to a great book which explains the process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you