How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77590
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Someone claims I owe them money. They have stalked me for

This answer was rated:

Someone claims I owe them money. They have stalked me for over a year, admitted to the police they 'accidentally head butted me' on a public street but I actually sustained a five minute attack which caused a concussion, severe bruising, and several trips to the hospital. The assaulted yet again, broke into my house of four occasion. I moved out of my home as a result. One occasion was at 4 am, he was drunk and had a sharp object and attacked a friend staying in my home. The police arrived, arrested and charged him with aggravated assault. he's out on bail, and is now stalking the friend staying in my flat ,the police have not arrested him for doing so but at long last are reviewing the case for stalking and harassment. This is like a guy Richie film and I live in Chelsea where this doesnt tend to happen. His actions have injured a neighbor as well. He does pranks like placing a thick bike lock on my gate, melting cheese on my window ledge. I dont know what to do
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London, UK Chelsea, London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Each incident has been reported to the police. Hes been charged with aggrevated burglary, and facing charges of stalking
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's a good start, thank you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
They claim that I owe them money but this is not the case. How can this happen for so long, what legal steps can I take? its going to court for his breaking into my home.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you. Ive engaged a mediator over the financial issue but wasnt interested in working anything out. Responded in this manner. The mediators gave evidence to the police. I may want damages for all this, its been 18 months since the first incident. Thank you.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What can I do for you?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
May I ask you thoughts on the above?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Not for the moment, thank you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
just an answer before I decide to move further, if thats ok
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
are you there?

Yes, but what is your question?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
if they claim I owe them money, does this give them a right to behave in such a manner? Can I take them to court? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
if your busy, shall I wait for an email? thanks

Thank you.

Sorry for the delay.

Clearly he can't behave in this way but the problem is that the remedy is to call the police which you have done and he is being dealt with. There is no further action that can be taken beyond that.

In terms of the money that he says he owes you that is all very well but he has to sue at the civil court. He cannot just go around enforcing himself.

I'm not quite clear what you want to Sue for. If you make that clearer than I may be able to offer more.

If it is just that he is behaving in An unacceptable way though then that needs to be reported to the police as you have very sensibly been doing

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please remember to rate my answer 5 stars because giving a 5 star rating really helps me.


Jo C. and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I may call in a few days, thank you for your answer. Joe

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer 5 stars because giving a 5 star rating really helps me.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile