UK Solicitor John
UK Solicitor John, Solicitor
Experience:  8 years legal experience
106125879

One moment please, Had a working relationship with someone

one moment please
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Had a working relationship with someone
Working relationship didn’t work out
Because this didn’t work out we parted ways
During this working relationship we decided to go to a festival
I sent him a sum of £1000 and with the money I sent him we paid for the trip to the US
Since the working relationship failed and the corona virus has affected everything the trip got cancelled
I asked for my money back and he agreed however we are of the belief he is lying as it’s been way overdue to when the bank have told him the money would be back
So there’s a belief he’s withholding money
He is also deducting money from what he owes me
Because We both went 50/50 on two items we invested in for the sake of the project
Since he doesn’t want to sell it with me which was the original agreement he’s instead taking his half of what he paid for the items we invested in with the money he owes me without my consent
He is refusing to listen to my pleas for him not to do so
We want to take him to a small claims court so we can get the full amount of money back.
Do we have a legal ground here?
And how much would a solicitor cost?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have called citizens advice and they told me to contact a solicitor. Which is where we are now
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Had a working relationship with someone
Working relationship didn’t work out
Do we have a legal ground here?
And how much would a solicitor cost or is there a way to get a free solicitor?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: ok
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I am located in London
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’m here to answer any questions you need
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (1SP76PM)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (357QVZZ)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (V66SSQZ)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (6ZS67ZP)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (ZMQ6VZ3)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (TV36Z6Z)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (6MZ6G41)
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
File attached (T32PMVS)

Attached template

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Hello John, I was wondering if I ask for legal advice through text will it cost?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
You mentioned a thread and I can't find what you mean

Hello, hope you are well, yes you can request advice, you will just need to open up a new question that's all.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
How much will it cost? I just need to ask one question I would appreciate if you answered it for sake of convent please!
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Also I don’t know if it’s because I already called but it said I accepted an offer for a phone call, I haven’t done that since we last spoke... if I have I didn’t mean to

Hello no phone call request has come up - I think it's to do with last time.

Ok, that's fine please ask your question?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate this, there was one part I didn’t mention in what I told you. So as I’ve mentioned before he’s withholding my money. A part I didn’t mention was is that during this working relationship he gave me a music program to make and compose the songs for our project, at first he wanted it back because the working relationship died but then later decided I could keep one out of the two authorisations. He now wants it back and is threatening to deduct more money if I don’t give back what he has admittedly gifted me. Since his name is ***** ***** it can he do that? I have him in writing admitting it was gifted to me

Ok I see. No, especially if you have it in writing, he does not have grounds to do this at all.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Can I show the messages? just so you can see, once you see it then I can 100% make the next move legally. Also I also want to ask could he make a case of theft out of it too? Again because it's under his name after this I'll have exactly what I need
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
it doesn't seem to be giving me the option to send anything

It's because the thread is closed so it will not function as before unless you opened up a new one.

But it is fine, I do not need to see the messages. Theft is a criminal offence, and this dispute is a civil matter, on that basis, no he cannot make a case of theft. It does not fit the legal definition of theft. I hope this helps?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Thank you! I greatly appreciate this.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Have a wonderful day, I appreciate your time greatly.

No problem, you're welcome. All the best to you.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Is opening a new thread free or will cost an additional amount of money?
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
You too

It should be the same process as this one I believe.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Ok perfect that’s literally my last question. Thank you

My pleasure, take care.