SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I want to get a court order to evict my lodger. She is being

I want to get a court order to evict my lodger. She is being very aggressive and I called the police last night. She hasn’t paid this months rent do I have to give her the full month notice? Claire
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in Wimbledon sw19 1ug
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I gave her written notice last night and filed a police report on her aggressive behaviour. she hit me and chucked drunk over my sofa. i don’t want to wait the full 28 days for her to leave can I get a court order to get her out this week?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Lea

Did the police not arrest her for hitting you?

Please read the following:

1. This is an email service, not live chat, so responses are not always instantaneous.
  2. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  3. I will ask questions on what I need from you, please answer each question clearly and briefly.
  4. If you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services as I have no ability to assist you with that. As per no.2 above, I will not be calling you.
  5. If you do want a call, let me know so that I can opt out of your question and another expert can assist you.
  6. Please refer all questions regarding finance and costs of the site to customer services as I have no ability to assist you with that.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
No because they said it was her word against mine. They took her away for the night and now she is being very aggressive. Can I get a court order?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
How do I get a court order she has also not paid the rent this month so I need a court order.

She's just a lodger, you can wait until she goes out and change the locks on her.

You have no reason to accept aggressive behaviour towards you in your own home.

You do not need a court order to evict a lodger. You gave her notice and should ideally wait until that notice has expired before throwing her out as per my response above, but if you are in fear of aggression and further attacks you are perfectly entitled to put her out now in order to protect yourself.