ivorylounge
ivorylounge,
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
27487359

Can my partner (mother) take my child to Germany by car

Can my partner (mother) take my child to Germany by car without a consent letter from me?
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does she live in?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, we live together, but I need to know if she will be stopped at the border and asked for a consent letter. The kids have my last name and I have Parental Responsibility like her.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, we live together, but I need to know if she will be stopped at the border and asked for a consent letter. The kids have my last name and I have Parental Responsibility like her.She told me that her friend travels to Europe with their kids without consent letter from her husband.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. It is not uncommon for a parent to be asked at the border for a consent letter - whereby they may refuse to allow the travel. I attach a link to where you can download the a suitable form - https://www.wonder.legal/uk/modele/travel-consent-form-uk

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I will give 5 stars, no worries. I don't agree with the duration of the travel with my child and she doesn't want to do the consent letter. So you tell me that anyway, she has chances to leave the country with my child? it's not always that they are asked for the letter?

It really depends on the passport control at each end - sometimes you'll have officers who will insist on a letter - others will just wave through.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thanks