How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 17266
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Okay lastly my dad has worked for uber and then she claimed

This answer was rated:

Okay lastly my dad has worked for uber and then she claimed he he was rude and assaulted her her and was of work for 8 months they took his pco and license and left him with no job and no income to support his needs and the results came my dad was innocent because the passenger was drunk is there any chance he can claim compensation for the 8 months because he was innocent and the women lied about everything and the women didn't get any warning

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

He wants to sue Uber, is that right?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
they treated him very unfairly for 8 months and at the end he was innocent with no compensation and they took his pco and licesnse and of course they gave it back to him but he wants a compensation for the 8 months he wasn't working and proved innocent

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you