Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I did some voluntary work for a charity. I had a

I did some voluntary work for a charity. I had a disagreement with one of the managers. They have now contacted me saying they are investigating something or other. I'd like my details and personal information back and I want to know if I can order to stop prying into my personal details? There is nothing criminal it is civil action
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ENGLAND
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Told them under no circumstances to carry on prying into my private and asked for any information they have to give it back to me
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well this manager called my partner a liar. Not Directly just inferred

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

What details and personal information of yours do they have? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
It would be my personal details and some things they may have written about my work. What annoys is I made a complaint against one of them. It have been inadvertently done but he called a friend a liar. We were supposed to be having a hearing about this today and it got cancelled. I believe the said who called my friend a liar is trying to divert attention from himself and directing to me
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Nothing major it's just that I believe he will try and turn events around so he doesn't have to answer the point that he called a friend a liar. Directly or indirectly. And just to keep them on their toes I want what the've written about me

Ok thanks. Any data which they had a legitimate reason for collecting can still be stored by them. However, if it is personal data about you then you also have the right to be forgotten, which is the right to requests such data to be removed. This is under Article 17 of the GDPR:

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-17-gdpr/

Similarly, under Art 15 you have the right to see the data they old about you:

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-15-gdpr/

Does this answer your query?