12826847

A friend is currently on conditional bail (one of the

A friend is currently on conditional bail (one of the conditions of his bailHe has just received yet another letter sent to him using a given name different to his own. Not only is this insulting and upsetting, it means that all the paperwork relating to the case is in the wrong name.
JA: Where is the friend? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Lincolnshire UK - could this have an impact on the case?
JA: What steps has the friend taken so far?
Customer: He informed them on the night of his arrest that the name was wrong. He also informed the duty solicitor. He has reminded the police, but they continue to use the wrong name
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just to finish the unfinished bit on my first message which I’d that one of the bail conditions is that he does not have access to the internet which is why I am doing this on his behalf

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
My friend was arrested on 2nd June. At the time of his arrest it became apparent that they had the wrong name for him - his name is ***** ***** have Liam. This came about when he was 15 and reported an incident when his wrist was broken. He and his father both repeatedly told the officer at Worksop police station of the error, but it was never changed. Now this name is ***** ***** that is being used repeatedly by the police despite being told when he was arrested. Could this have any impact on his case