james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

There are many cats in my neighbourhood and I have 2. My own

There are many cats in my neighbourhood and I have 2.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My own neighbour has thrown poo over the garden fence. How do I handle this. I am furious
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Burton-on-Trent
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: None yet but I want to go round and let rip
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There are many cats in my neighbourhood and I have two. There are also foxes. My neighbour has thrown a number of seemingly old pops over the fence. I'm furious. How do I legally handle this? Thank you.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello I will assist.

Cats do walk the Neighbourhood that’s what they. They have special rights in the Animal Act 1971 whereby they are not required to be confined like other animals.

However, it your cat if fouling in the neighbours garden repeatedly, then you are responsible to take steps to stop this. Your neighbour can complain to the council who could take an order out against you. But to do that, they would need proof the the cat mess is actually from your cat and not some other cat, so very difficult to prove.

You on the other hand, can complain about their actions of throwing the cat mess over your wall. You could complain to the council because of the anti social actions and what is also technically flytipping. You could also possible complain to the police For this type of harassment .

Can I assist further, here to help.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.