Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

My dad passed away in September last year him and my mum

my dad passed away in September last year him and my mum have been divorced 15 years ago but he still had his name on the joint house together mortgage wise. How do we find out if he had life insurance in regard to the mortgage please
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: newcastle upon tyne united kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have contacted the mortgage company to ask if there is a life insurance policy in place and they said not.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: but as my dad was self employed and had another mortgage at the time we find it hard that he wouldn't of had to have an insurance policy and the house was purchased in 2004

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Do you have a copy of your father's Will?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no i don't would you need it ?

No I don't need it but you will. You will have to contact the probate office and find out who dealt with the administration of the estate. The lawyer who dealt with this will have a copy of the Will. If your late father had life insurance in relation to the home then this will have been outlined in the Will and formed part of the estate. However, with that being said, if that was the case then it is likely the life insurance has been paid out if it formed part of the estate. However, if you contact the probate office then you will be able to find out if there was life insurance in relation to the house. Alternatively, you could contact the mortgage agency and they may be able to provide information for you.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross