How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1767
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

Legal help with family law, Need legal representation but

This answer was rated:

Legal help with family law
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Need legal representation but cannot afford
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

Hello can you tell me what you issue is and I can hopefully help. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello, I need advise on family law, would prefer to talk over phone
Customer: replied 7 days ago.

This is a text service a phone call is a premium service which the website charges more for. However if you outline your issue then I can help as I am online just now.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When can he call

I most likely wouldn't be able to take call until tomorrow. But if you tell me what the issue is then I can provide you with a written response on here.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have had a directions hearing on22nd may, my husband has filed a C100 application for a child arrangements order and prohibited steps, hearing date 14th July, reports in from Cafcass and social team

Ok this is fairly standard practice, so what is the question in relation. to this please. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What legal representation do I need to challenge outcomes as incident happened do to my alcohol use, social services looking into child protection, I have taken all correct steps with Swanswell and stuck to courts visitation orders

You have three options really. You can instruct a solicitor. You may be entailed to legal aid but this would be up to the solicitor to look into for you, I will provide you with a useful link to help find one that accepts legal aid. Secondly you can represent yourself. Although it helps, you do not need a legal knowledge for this but I would always advise instructing a solicitor if you can. Thirdly, you can do an internet search for "MacKenzie Fried" this is a person who will. provide free representation but is not legally qualified but is well versed in the applicable laws.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


Has this answered your query?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
just spoken to Mackenzie friends, wow so helpful, thank you

You are welcome. I would be grateful if you could use the 5 stars at the top of the page to rate my answer. Many Thanks

Ross Miller and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you