How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 77778
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was charged and have to appear at court on 23/07/2020. My

This answer was rated:

I was charged and have to appear at court on 23/07/2020. My breath teading was in the lower 50's. I was parked at the end of my street when caught after having an argiement with my husband. We are a family of 5 and i live in the country in northamptonshire. There is no bus route and i work at the hospital. My hisband was diagnosed with blood cancer in november 2018 and cannot work due to his condition. I need to drive my hisband to hospital for treatment and i jave two children in school. It is my forst conviction and I wanted to know if you can provide me with some help. My hisband and myself have been siffering with depression due to his diagnoses and we have gone through some hard times recently. Losing my licence could result in further mental health problems and the loss of my job. Can you email me some advice as my mobile does not get a signal where i live. Many thanks
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Contacted some solicitors about legal aid.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what exactly is your question about this matter please?

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can I get legal aid and if not how much will representation cost?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I cant take a call because I cant afford £44.

Thank you.

That is no problem. I can do this online and you can seek a refund from customer service is.

If this is a reading in the 50s then probably legal aid will not be available because there is no realistic risk of custody.

You can either pay privately or self represent.

You would actually probably be fine if you were self representing because there are not many options open to the court for sentencing drink driving.

Unless you have horrendous previous convictions it is likely to be a disqualification and a fine.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please remember to rate my answer 5 stars because giving a 5 star rating really helps me.