Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My employer advertised my job under a different job title

My employer advertised my job under a different job title and much lower salary. When confronted they admitted they were going to terminate my employment before I got 2 years service.
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: With HR. They have offered 3 weeks pay as redundancy even though I have just under 2 years service. Is a further claim possible?
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee, no union
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have left the company and if I had more service I would have a constructive dismissal claim.

Hello, I’m Ben, a UK lawyer and will be dealing with your case today. I may also need to ask some questions to determine the legal position.

Did you get your notice period paid and get the additional severance?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Notice period and hol pay plus the 3 weeks redundancy is offered in proposed settlement
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okcancel call.
Do I have a realistic chance with any claim via tribunal or should I just take what is on offer?

Ok thanks, ***** ***** nothing further you can legally ask for. considering your length of service. The employer is able to get away with it, not even paying you the extra severance – all they can do is simply pay you the notice period and accrued holidays so you have no grounds to challenge for more and no grounds to even make a claim.