How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aaron D Your Own Question
Aaron D
Aaron D, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 442
Experience:  LLB, BPTC
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aaron D is online now

I currently have a 5-year restraining order against my

This answer was rated:

I currently have a 5-year restraining order against my husband so he can't enter the property. However, we have been working to reconcile and I would like to get this revoked. it wasn't something i asked for but somehting that was issued by the courts. We have 3 children together and we would like to move back in together but i a worried to have him in the house because of the order. Is he allowed in i to invite him even with a restraining order in place whilst we work on the paperwork?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I i need to get them printed as i am currently working from home and don't have access t oa printer
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I don't know, i live in Burgess Hill West Sussex. He was sentenced in Brighton
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so?! thank you

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is***** am a barrister and will assist you with this issue today.

Please be aware that this is an e-mail service rather than a live chat. Sometimes there will be some delay between responses but I will try to reply as soon as possible.

As the person protected by a restraining order you can make an application to revoke it if you don't want it in place anymore.

You need to complete a form and send it into the court that made the restraining order. They may list a hearing and you should attend to explain why you want it removed. The court will just want to make sure you genuinely want it removing and that you aren't being coerced.

You can find the form here:

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

I will remain available for any follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you i am aware i need to do this and fully understand why. In the meantime if invited is my Husband allowed in the house or must he stay away until the order is revoked?

No, even if he comes round with your permission he would be in breach. If the Police found out somehow he would get into trouble.

He really must not do anything against the terms of the order until the Court formally revoke it.

Aaron D and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok Thank you.