Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I am looking to apply for the British Citizenship, I have a

I am looking to apply for the British Citizenship, I have a permanent residency which I was granted last year. I am an EEU resident and self-employed, I have been in the UK for 12 years, I have been actively working for the last 3 months but before I had a break of 4 months as I was dealing with a separation from my partner and I have small children.At the moment I am not sure if it makes sense to apply now or wait more 3 months. As I have been earning only in the last 3 months, shall I wait 3 more months to complete 6 months or 3 months of bank statements will be enough? My question is: the period of time Home Office will request, invoices , bank statements and etc ( 3 months or 6 months)?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: not yet, i live in the uk, i have a italian nationality and a permanent residency. i would like to talk to a immigration lawyer
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: i just have that question and im looking to talk to one for that speficif question i have, i have no other queries regarded to this topic
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am looking to apply for the British Citizenship, I have a permanent residency which I was granted last year. I am an EEU resident and self-employed, I have been in the UK for 12 years, I have been actively working for the last 3 months but before I had a break of 4 months as I was dealing with a separation from my partner and I have small children. At the moment I am not sure if it makes sense to apply now or wait more 3 months. As I have been earning only in the last 3 months, shall I wait 3 more months to complete 6 months or 3 months of bank statements will be enough? My question is: the period of time Home Office will request, invoices , bank statements and etc ( 3 months or 6 months)?

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, its just a simple question: do they ask for 3 months bank statements or 6 months for British passport/nationality AN? For the permanent residency was 6 months, but i herd is a little simpler this time...

If you already have indefinite leave to remain or settled status in the UK, and you have waited 12 months since you got that status, then you can apply for Naturalization, provided you are meeting other requirements as well.

You do not need bank statements

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you have not answered my question

You have to-

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
simple question: do they ask for 3 months bank statements or 6 months for British passport/nationality AN?

ANSWER IS THAT YOU DO NOT NEED BANK STATEMENTS

you would need your permanent settlement status, plus the requirements I have mentioned above.

You can apply online using the below web link-

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-indefinite-leave-to-remain/how-to-apply

Kindly note I am not available for a phone call at the moment, however I can assist you via this online chat

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't understand how am I proving my self-employment if I dont send bank statements, invoices etc? what sort of documents they will request for the EEU see-employment applicant to prove their work? I know the rest of the requirements, just this part is not clear for me
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have the permanent status

You do not have to send any bank statements, if you are self-employed then you have to send your most recent SELF ASSESSMENT STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT

you just have to send your most latest self assessment tax statement

Please let me know if you need further assistance