Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My husbnd and I are executors of my brother's estate. we are

Hi. My husbnd and I are executors of my brother's estate. we are also trustees. £10000 has been left to our 6 year old granddaughter and we wish to put it in trust until she is 18 or 21. We live in UK but our granddaughter lives overseas.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Crewe Cheshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have discussed with the solicitor who has handled the will and he is ready to write a cheque and send it to us but suggests that we set up a trustee account first.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What is the best sort of account to open, especially as she lives in USA

Hi thank you for your message, I would suggest you open a trustee account through one of the american banks such as Citi who have a trust division: https://www.privatebank.citibank.com/home/trust.html

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your help. The cheque will be in sterling and we would prefer to invest in UK. However, we will consider your advice. Thank you.

Glad I could help, please could you kind rate me 5 stars in the top right of your screen? That way Just Answer will pay me for advising you.