Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I have a daughter in the police .she left home 3 years ago

I have a daughter in the police .she left home 3 years ago .I started dating someone with 2 separate convictions of common assault .He had 2 12 week sentences of 12 weeks serving 6 weeks both occasions. The last sentence was 4 years ago .my daughter is an officer .Can I please ask will this go against her .my boyfriend does not live with me
JA: Have assault charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: I have just told her .Could she be sacked ? Thankyou for your time .kind regards Adele
JA: Where did the assault occur?
Customer: Second was in his home the first was outside
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I just need to no is she ok she hasn't seen him .Her job is her world thankyou

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

is your daughter fully employed by the police or is she still going through the application process.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
employed
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Fully employed
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thankyou I do not wish a call.

You can ignore the phone cal request as it is automatically generated by the website. I will just write up my response now, I would be obliged if you could rate my response once I have written it up for you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thankyou I will rate your response

This is something that would have flagged up during applications however, as it is not a factor which will affect her work it is highly unlikely that she could be put to a disciplinary as a result of this so I would say no she could not be fired for this. However, if she wishes to cover herself then she could as the HR department for a private consultation and ask about this matter and ensure. that there are not any internal police policies which may affect this but I would highly doubt it. In terms of employment law, a person cannot reasonably be disciplined for anything which takes place outside of the workplace which does not have any direct implication on their work. The reason I would check this is for obvious reasons in relation to his crime and her job. However, I would be surprised if there is any affect, but certainly worth checking out. If there were any issues then she would not be dismissed but advised in what to do.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross