How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2090
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

I have a daughter who was born in thailand my wife is thai,I

This answer was rated:

Hi there,I have a daughter who was born in thailand I'm English my wife is thai,I am just below 18.600 for required money to bring my wife over,I'm missing my baby so much and dont know what to do
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in uk
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not at moment

Hi How can I help?

I will read your question and respond

Is your daughter British?

At the time of her birth, what was the nationality of her parent's?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Half British half thai

At the time of her birth, what was the nationality of the parent's?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I would rather text


How much are you earning? How much was your salary for 19-20 tax year?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I dont want a phone call

It is a phone prompt - I am happy to continue to chat

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

I see - how much is your yearly salary?

For this year and with your current job? Have you been employed for more than 6 months with the same employer?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
18,560 after tax
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm self employed

I see - what was it the year before 18-19?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
2017 was17,384

With a 2 year average it comes to £18,111.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

However, you can still apply for your wife on the basis of family life and that you have a child as well. Your wife will not be put on the 5 year route but instead the 10 year route - this means she would be granted leave to remain to come and join you in the UK under Article 8 of the Human rights act

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
does that mean my wife and daughter cant come to england

At the time of your child's birth is you were married and one parent was British - your child is automatically British - but you need to register her birth overseas.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
we are trying to register now
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We were married but it has not been registered yet

If your daughter is British - this will make case much stronger for your wife and daughter to come and join you. Your self employment evidence would show that you can financially support yourself and that they will not be a burden on the state - although it will be considered under 10 year route - not the 5 year route.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what should I do now

Once you register the marriage you can then apply for their visas.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can me and my wife get marriage certificate over here

If you are not able to satisfy certain of the requirements for a UK Spouse visa, you may still be able to apply to join or remain with your partner on Human rights grounds if you can demonstrate that there would be very significant difficulties in your relationship continuing outside the UK.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can me and my wife register our marriage over here

Why cannot not register your marriage in Thailand?

Your wife will then need to come to the UK as a Engagement visa.

The problem you will however is satisfying the financial requirement of £18,600

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We can but visa company is not very good,we have been waiting for my babys british passport for over 6 months,he never sent all paperwork from thailand to passport office in liverpool

In order to qualify for a UK Fiance visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that:

  • Your partner is British or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK;
  • You are both over the age of 18;
  • You have met in person;
  • You are both free to marry;
  • Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently in the UK;
  • You intend to marry within six months of your arrival in the UK;
  • Any previous relationships have broken down permanently;
  • You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds;
  • There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;
  • You speak and understand English to the required level.

In order to demonstrate that you can be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds, you will need to satisfy a financial requirement.

The financial requirement for a UK Fiance visa application states that you will need to demonstrate that your partner has a gross annual income of at least:

  • £18,600
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm just below threshold,I need my wife and baby with me here in uk

It is best to ensure you give the best chance/prospect of success of the application and therefore should wait for outcome of daughter's application.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
You mean my daughters passport



Once this is done you can look to apply.

Thank you for your question today

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thankyou so much

Before you go,

I would be grateful if you could give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

The purpose of the rating is to continue to assist other customers and continue to provide a high level of service on Justanswer.

Lawyer21 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Appreciate the rating - if you do have other questions kindly open up a new post and FAO: Lawyer21!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Will d0