Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I got married outside the UK, I have not disclosed this to

I got married outside the UK, I have not disclosed this to my employer how will it affect me?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live and work in London. My spouse is not a British citizen.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am applying for my spouse to join me as we have a child.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How will it affect me as I need to declare it to my work now?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

This will not affect your employment in any way what so ever. Your employer cannot take any action against you formal or informal for something you do outside of your place of employment so long as that act does not bring the company into disrepute. Therefore you being married whether outside of the UK or not then it will not affect your employment in any way.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your response.
Will it affect my application to have my spouse join me?

Which application?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Application to settle.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
In the UK

That is a very different question an I specialise in employment not immigration. If you could use the 5 stars to rate the advice I gave you on the employment side that would be very much appreciated you can then post a separate question about you right to settle. This shouldn't cost any more. Many Thanks and stay safe.