Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Near, nearly a year ago I went on holiday with my family I

Hi near
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hi nearly a year ago I went on holiday with my family I booked with Home away but was scammed by one of their booking agencies . I never got the money back because they kept asking for lots of paperwork when I had already sent it. I was not in a position to sort it at the time .
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We ended up getting to the holiday destination only to find there was no place for us to go . I had to pay for overnight stay and then sort out another villa for 9 people. They are saying now that I needed to claim before jan 2020 it’s too late now. They were fraudulent as I asked several times for them to check this company out but they said that everything was okay . This company had gone into liquidation before our holiday
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I get my money back or is it too late
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Home away are an English company the holiday was in spain

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

How did you pay for the trip?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay
Dear Debbie Tabrar,
Thank you for your email.We have on record you initially contacted us on 31/07/2019 with regards ***** ***** Although you have been in contact with us since this date, unfortunately, you will still not be eligible for reimbursement through the Book With Confidence Guarantee in compliance with section 5(h) of the policy Terms and Conditions.
This is because, we did not receive your completed online request for reimbursement will all the supporting documents attached by end of Jan 2020. This would have been 6 months after your check in date.Please note that on our last email sent on 15/10/2019, we did request a valid copy of your bank statement and a copy of the invoice form the hotel as not all the documents you provided did not met the necessary criteria.
Section 5 (h) states the following:
5. Process Requirements.
(h) File a Reimbursement Request. The Protected Traveller must complete, sign and submit the Reimbursement Request Form with all requested documentation to Us within six months of the first day of Your stay in the subject property. If a completed Reimbursement Request Form is not submitted within this time period any claim shall be deemed denied.With regards ***** ***** I confirm our decision remains final. Having reviewed your information, unfortunately your claim has been unsuccessful.
Best Regards,
Geoffrey | EU Guarantee Specialist
HomeAway
-------------------------------------
Legal Information HomeAway UK Ltd.
Address:Portland House, Bressenden Place, London SW1E 5BH, UK
Company registration number:03152676 (England & Wales)
Vat number:GB(###) ###-####34
-----------------------------------------ref:_00D1aZzRr._5001Pu9Qxd:ref
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Can you let me know first if I have left it too long it is under a year
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Paid through my bank account
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I did send them my statement which they emailed me to say they had all the information needed
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay can you help am I likely to get my money back

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.