How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1770
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

If a court awards 50% shared care is my ex husband entitled

This answer was rated:

If a court awards 50% shared care is my ex husband entitled to pay child maintenance when he earns over 50k and I am on a lessor income as he has advised he will not pay me anything as he does not need to
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I know I need to issue an application for his financial documents to be disclosed to enable me to see what his financial status is, but is there a new law that states 50 percent equal custody means no child maintenance for either party even if I earn a lower income under 25k
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Meeseyside
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I get any help with my legal fees I am now divorced and it’s costing thousands which I don’t have

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

There. are two questions here which I can cover. Firstly, child support has nothing to do with salary, it is to do with how much care is needed for the child. So I am afraid to say that if your husband takes care of the child the same amount of time that you do then you will not be entitled to any child support as he is doing exactly half of the time with your child. I am afraid it has nothing to do with salary so you would not revive anything in this case. Secondly, you may be entitled to legal aid but you will have to have your solicitor to make an application for you. However, these are done on an individual basis based on your financial situation but your lawyer will go through all of this with you.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


Ross Miller and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Ross
Not sure if my response was sent apologies if it has.
We were married for 5 years and I lived with him and my two girls and our child together who is 3. The house in his name and he paid the mortgage but I contributed. Do I have any entitlement to the house as I moved out he gave me no option

I got you on the other feed