How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1767
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

Ross Than you I did read this about no child maintenance on

This answer was rated:

Hi Ross
Than you
I did read this about no child maintenance on 50 percent equal shared time but I also read that in different circumstances in regards ***** ***** lessor party income they may be entitled to pay a percentage rate, is this correct?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
If we were married for five years and I lived with him but my name is ***** ***** the mortgage am I entitled to any property value if I contributed towards the home even if he paid the mortgage but I paid him an agreed monthly figure

Yes, in the first question it is possible for a court to make this decision if they feel it is in the best interest of the child but that is not through the Child maintenance service it would be via a court. Secondly yes, you would be entitled to some of the property value (upon sale) as it was your matrimonial home. However you cannot make him pay you a value just because you have left. What you could do is engage with a solicitor and see if they can contact your ex. You may be able to come to legal agreement which will mean that he pays you a maintenance payment in return for you removing any interest in the house. This would have to be an agreement between the both of you and you solicitor can help with this in both the negotiations and drafting you up an agreement.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


Ross Miller and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you