Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Ross Than you I did read this about no child maintenance on

Hi Ross
Than you
I did read this about no child maintenance on 50 percent equal shared time but I also read that in different circumstances in regards ***** ***** lessor party income they may be entitled to pay a percentage rate, is this correct?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
If we were married for five years and I lived with him but my name is ***** ***** the mortgage am I entitled to any property value if I contributed towards the home even if he paid the mortgage but I paid him an agreed monthly figure

Yes, in the first question it is possible for a court to make this decision if they feel it is in the best interest of the child but that is not through the Child maintenance service it would be via a court. Secondly yes, you would be entitled to some of the property value (upon sale) as it was your matrimonial home. However you cannot make him pay you a value just because you have left. What you could do is engage with a solicitor and see if they can contact your ex. You may be able to come to legal agreement which will mean that he pays you a maintenance payment in return for you removing any interest in the house. This would have to be an agreement between the both of you and you solicitor can help with this in both the negotiations and drafting you up an agreement.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross