F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My husband, who is a gambler and addicted to and we do not

My husband, who is a gambler and addicted to weed and we do not have have joint bank account, but the mortgage is in both names, even though i pay for all the bills, has left me and decided he is going to divorce me, cos he wants half the house he hasn't paid for and also wants half the car that he has wrecked and isn't even in his name, where do i stand????
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No its only just happened, I found out a couple of years ago he was texting and phoning another woman and its escalated from that. Last year we went on holiday with the grandchildren and he pretended!!!!! everything was ok when we came back he told me he didn't want to be with me, didn't want to be here (in this house) and didn't love me. Then in February when I told him i was going to file for divorce he suddenly changed his mind and now 3 months later, (2 weeks ago) he told me he doesn't want to be here he doesn't know what he wants but I, meaning ME haven't done anything wrong. Now he left again on Sunday and now he is divorcing me and going to put the house up for sale. Can he do that without my agreement?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No just so you know I had to call the police on him last year cos he locked me out of the house and i stayed at the neighbours xx
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also, yes i have been paying out all the bills so I have actually go no money it all goes into the mortgage, council tax, heating, tv car everything. Everything he thinks he had a god given right to please hep me

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please keep searching and thank you
Clair

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

how long were you together and married in total?

any children under 18?

does he have a pension? if it gets to court for financial settlement?

and if you had to sell will it give you enough to buy another property?

F E Smith, Advocate
Experience: I have been practising for 30 years.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Would have been married 20 years this coming september . He does have a pension. No I would not be able to buy another property
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Please don't call I haven't got £44 in the bank sorry