Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have problems with disrepair in my home. I have made a

I have problems with disrepair in my home. I have made a complaint I was made an offer which I turned down. The complaint went to the next stage and I have not received a reply only acknowledge receipt and they are looking into the matter this has been since January 2020Question I raised in my complaint.Why did it take 6 years to diagnose the problem with the boiler. (According to Robert Health the boiler pipes were wired wrongly on installation in 2014 )
If the boiler was under warranty with Vaillant, why didn’t they fix the problem, why did Smith and Byford continue to repair it. Surely this would invalidate the warranty.
Why was promised a new boiler and Peabody refused to pay for the boiler after it was agreed.
Why did Smith and Byford continued to fix the boiler without understanding what the problem was and were being paid for doing nonsense.
Why your repairs line staff treated me the way they did
Why my house was not inspected properly before it was handed over in 2014
Other problems experienced blocked toilets some times both of them.
Damp in the bathroom and air vents broken (Damp gets painted over until next time)
Damp in my bedroom on the window ceil
Roof tiles are green and mouldy and need replacing
Air ventilation unit in boiler cupboard has never worked and has never been serviced
Air vents in kitchen not working and broken.
The boiler is still making noises
Some Radiators broken and not working

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I would like to know what I can do now

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 14 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is there anywhere that I can get an example of what to write in the letter

Just set out your position.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Loss of hot water £1.00 per day (embarrassing)
Time, Trouble and inconvenience £100 (This is not reality, this is fiction)
This what they have offered me which is unexpectable.. So I would just make my position clear. and state how much I want.

Correct.

I would think a claim for £10,000 isn't unreasonable.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I do understand. Can I ask them to move me to another property as well

Yes.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you very much

All the best. If I could invite you to rate me 5 stars before you go today by clicking the button at the top of the screen, so the site credits me for the time spent. I am only paid when you rate. if you need further help please click reply. Thanks in advance.