james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Copyright infringement - where the law stands (which part of

Copyright infringement - where the law stands (which part of the law states) who is liable a website owner or a designer?
JA: What written documentation do you have?
Customer: A photograph used without a license
JA: Have you talked to a local attorney? Has anything been filed in court?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: which specific law applies

Hello, I will assist you today.

As the website owner, you would be liable for any breach of copyright. This even applies if you have a website where people can post items. If someone posts something on your site that is a breach of copyright, you are still liable.

In this particular case, if you receive a copyright breach notice and have to pay compensation, then you could take action against the website designer.

Can I assist further. Here to help, if I can.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid, I won’t be paid by Justanswer for my time if there is no rating left for me.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for this explanation. If acting as a litigant in person and presenting the argument at the hearing which legislation I should rely on to validate my point. I would be grateful if you could give me direction where to find it.