How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1767
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

My child made a disclosure that my ex partner had been

This answer was rated:

My child made a disclosure that my ex partner had been touching her inappropriately. I contacted the police but after a short investigation the case was no further actioned as they had questioned my child many months later about her earlier statement which they said had slightly changed. My daughter was later diagnosed with Autism and Post Traumatic stress disorder. Can I ask the police to re open the investigation as she did not receive the correct support for her case?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No it didn’t go to court
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Greater London in the borough of Brent
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

Have you contacted the police about the new findings?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have contacted my MP who said she would bring it to the attention of the Chief Superintendent of the Metropolitan Police

This is a good first step.

I will just write up my response now, I would be obliged if you could rate my response once I have written it up for you.

Does you child still see your ex partner.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No we have an injunction which expires in a weeks time

Ok so you may wish to speak to your solicitor about having that extended. If you feel that there is evidence which the police did not take into account then by all means yes you can ask them to do so. You can also speak to Cafcass and tell them that you don't want your child to visit the other parent on safeguarding issues. Cafcass will also do an investigation into the matter, if they advise the court that they feel there are issues then they can give a recommendation to the court to deal with this. The difficulty is that it is very difficulty to prove that children have said a specific thing, and even if you can then it is also hard to determine whether it is true. Thankfully cafcass are very good at dealing with these matters and if you feel you child may be in danger then I would contact cafcass immediately and they will help and do their own investigation outwits the police's.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I’ve found that the police have guidelines when dealing with people with autism. They were aware at the time of my child having learning disabilities but did not have a diagnosis at the time.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I feel this affected the outcome of the case

Yes, I know this is why I feel you should request them to look at it again as there is a different issue to look at now as there was then. It may well have effected the outcome. I think the letter from your MP will certainly help. Does this answer your query?

Ross Miller and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
thank you

You are welcome. I wish you all the best. stay safe.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.