james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My husband has had a police caution got dv before.I am at

My husband has had a police caution got dv before.I am at the point of getting an injunction ,nv and occupation.Is this likely to become a criminal case or cause police involvement?

Hello I will assist.

once the police give a police caution to someone, that is then the end of their involvement in the matter.

If he then commits further DV, and the police get called, then most likely he would be charged with an offence.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I haven't called the police this time round but contemplating an injunction. Will it still become something notifiable to the police due to past history? There is no evidence this time.just short of causing serious harm.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I ask as I am financially dependent on him and his job requires an enhanced dbs. I am worried I will not be able to get any childcare maintenance even from him and feel stuck.

If you get an injunction from a family court, police would not be involved, and it does not show on a DBS as it is not criminal based. The police caution he received will show,

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for this.does this also cover the emergency injunction? Yes, the caution does show already. Could you please tell me what usually happens after an injunction is issued with regards ***** ***** court hearing?Do they allow him to see the kids still? When do the hearings end? After an agreement is reached with regards ***** ***** and living arrangements and child visitation rights? Sorry, I have so many questions.

That is all family court issues. Not criminal law which is my area.

But, the basic way it works, if an emergency injunction is granted, then that would be followed up with a court hearing, when the finer points would be agreed, (child contact, payments, etc)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you so much for your advice.You have been incredibly helpful.

Your welcome, take care.