james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I went to the local out of hour emergency vets, and my

I went to the local out of hour emergency vets, and my aunt's boyfriend went into the vets and started arguing with them. I did not tell him to go in, but I, as the owner have been banned. Is this fair, and I think I may have a hard time registering with another practice. My dog is old and sick, and do not know what to do.What are my legal rights?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have apologized for my aunt's boyfriend's behaviour. They are not forgiven.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Tried to go two different vets, they won't take my dog on due to the ban.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just want to know what my legal rights are regarding my sick dog continuing to get treatment. Does a different vets have the right to refuse to register my dog with them? Since I, the owner, did not do the arguing, do they have the right to ban me and my dog, and make it difficult for my dog to receive vet treatment?

Very sorry to say that there is no legal right for them to see you. Or indeed for another vet to take you on as a client.

Your aunts boyfriend behaviour has Resulted in the ban, which if you went together then unfortunately that is their choice, not to be subjected to shouting sports abuse.

You may have to find a vet out of town.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
All vets want pet's history files from previous practice. When they read files they don't want to register my dog. The former practice has made it difficult. I don't know what it said between the two practice s. Is it legal to register my pet without giving them the files? Is legal if I lied and said that that I've moved to the local area recently from up north nd don't have contact detail of former vets?

Is the dog tagged

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No. No phone call. Email please.

ok

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Dog is tagged.

Then would be able to get info via the tag.

You may need to find a RSPCA vet

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What could they do if I did this
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Could I get into trouble?

They would treat you dog. Y=They would not be concerned what your aunts boyfriend did. They would be only concerned with treating your dog.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. Although you have already paid Justanswer, I won’t be paid for my time from their website if there is no rating left for me

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Oh. Would there be a charge, could I register if I explain the situation? Is that legal?

You can register with any vet if they will take you. Cost you will have to ask them.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay. Thank you. You have been very helpful. I'LL leave 5 star review.
All my best,
Rachel
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Oh, I forgot to ask another question. If we book an appointment with a vets, and then they get my pet's file, could they have me arrested? I went to another local vets after the incident after a talk on the phone, and they asked me to leave. They saw me as trouble. So I'm a bit worried about booking an appointment without them getting the former files. Once they see bathe records, could they have me arrested?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If I went to another vet that is in partnership or linked withh my previous vet, could they have me arrested?

No, you cannot be arrested for anything.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If the practice was out of town?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am taking a animal course that prepared the student for university. Could this incident effect my ability to work in veterinary practice?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Or working in another animal related field, such as the RSCPA?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Could I be arrested if I show up at the same veterinary branch in a different town?

Sorry can not answer that question, that is education based question.

no you cannot be arrested

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would I be arrested if I call or turned up at the practice where I was banned? I am still waiting for a letter from them regarding the incident, so I don't know much about this sort of thing.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Could RSCPA take my dog from me if I can not get veterinary care?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I'm worried they will do that. She is loved and looked after.