F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

3 years ago myself and my ex wife went to court to authorise

3 years ago myself and my ex wife went to court to authorise my selling of my share of the family home, the judge ordered mrs Bowdler to pay me £40000, with deductions for two 'second charges' secured against the property, within 56 days, 3 years later I am still waiting, mrs bowdler solicitors seem to be claiming to be ' waiting for a figure' and have been waiting for almost 3 years, the creditor sold the debts years ago to other companies and are not really interested, is this enforceable in any way, mrs bowdler claims her solicitors are refusing to take her calls to?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Wouldn't now ,I phoned the court and the manager just said gets solicitor
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: The case was 14 March 2017 at chesterfield
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service.

so 56 days has turned into 3 years?

have you been asking why this has not been sorted since the 56 days were up?

how was she meant to pay you the £40k minus deductions?

was she able to remortgage or from another source?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Mrs bowdler is claiming she has a mortgage already arranged an that her solicitors are just not doing the work she paid for