C.Cornel
C.Cornel, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Lawyer at Legal Group
105439980

I invested heavily in crypto trading only to discover it was

I invested heavily in crypto trading only to discover it was a scam. My bank have told me they cannot help since I authorised the payments myself. After contacting action fraud - the bank told me they could probably advise me further - and being told the bank has a duty of care, they advised me to take it to the financial ombudsman. Is it possible you can help?
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: The bank is Santander Sheffield
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the Financial Conduct Authority, the South Yorkshire Police and Action Fraud
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have given emails and contact numbers of the people included in the scam to all the services involved

Hello.

I am specialized in such legal and financial disputes, particularly that involve crypto transactions.

Can you please let me know what sum you have invested?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
163;75,00,00

Understood, what crypto platform have you used?

Apologies, I am currently going into a meeting and I am not available for a call, however, we can still discuss in writing.

Please let me know which crypto platform you have been trading on and when you have made these transactions.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No thank you,

I am waiting for further details about your case.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I understood the service was free. I have lost so much I cannot afford to pay any more.