How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7531
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I am not happy with the social care of my son and grandsons

This answer was rated:

I am not happy with the social care of my son and grandsons ,they don’t want to know his side of things just their mothers,,they said he can’t see them as he is considered risk, even though the kids came to my home last Thursday for my sons birthday ,and they were playing with him and laughing their heads off,their mother said they were scared of him ,she’s kept texting him to arrange to talk then gets neighbours or their autistic son of 9 to ring ,
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Derby
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: hes on bail for damaging the wing mirror on the car she drives which he paid for,and paid insurance and road tax, unfortunately because he was at work her name is ***** ***** log book,

Good morning

Damaging the wing mirror of a car does not make your son a risk to his children.

Parents often behave badly towards one another in a relationship break up but that does not make either of them a bad parent. Your son is not asking for contact with the mother he is asking for contact with his children which is an entirely different matter.

Social services also need to consider that it is actually not the right of the parent to see the child, it is the right of the child to see the parent that the court would consider. As a result, the court will uphold his right to see his childrenb

The only cautionary note I would give is that he needs to be reasonable in his contact requests particularly given the current COVID situation and he needs to avoid giving her any more ammunition.

If social services continue to treat him this way he needs to make a formal complaint using the councils complaints procedure which can be done online. I would suggest that he e mails them first pointing out the above threatening the formal complaint if they fail to alter their stance

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise please either click to accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes


Michael Holly and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He’s on bail for this action ,seeing it’s paid for by him can he get charged,the mother as put in the child’s heads that they are scared of him ,as she got eldest to ring police she’s manipulating them,is this photo taken last week a sign of children being afraid of him,the social worker is not interested in our side ,I’ve put in a official complaint to the services ,I ring to ask to speak to her but she doesn’t get back ,

Hi I have just telephoned but been unable to get through.

Your son needs to be patient , she is making maximum use of the fact he has been charged and the last thing he needs right now is another incident.

The children will miss him and they will say so , if she does love the children there will only be so long she can deprive them of seeing their father.

The other point is that there is no reason why he should not see the children in the company of a third party that is known to both sides , subject to distancing , social bubbles etc.


Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I paid for a phone call, I’m very busy ,I was on a call

I have just tried again with no success I will report the failure to the administrators so you are not charged for the call.