Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a resident landlord & my lodger is continually accusing

I am a resident landlord & my lodger is continually accusing me of being dirty, not cleaning my bedroom or the bathroom etc. In fact, I change my bedding frequently, I have an air conditioner in my bedroom which I use when it's hot. I only go out once a day in view of the Coronavirus situation, & so shower in the morning. When conditions are normal then I shower more often. My house is pretty well spotless,
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: I'm in west London
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: She has just signed a new Lodger Agreement efective 29th May, no issues related to maintenace or upkeep, as she is very clean tidy, & the house is well maintained.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That's OK.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, because my lodger is pretty close in her room & she will be able to hear any tel conversation. So I'll stick to online responses & hopefully you'll be able t advise me of my options asap.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
In view of the continuous verbal abuse I have suffered from her, plus physical abuse resulting in visits by the police, can I evict her without notice, or can I just give her 28 days written notice to quit?

Yes. Throw them out today.

Kick them out and change the locks.

You don't need a Court order.
Throw their stuff out onto the street

That will show them you cant be bullied.

So no, you don't need a Court order and can evict.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. Can you please send me your latest response to my email address, so I can keep a record in a special email folder I have for these events?

It remains in your account. When you log back it appears under 'My Questions'